Unfortunately the flu, along with other typical winter illnesses, has arrived on campus with the start of the semester. Health Services has already seen a FEW confirmed and/or highly suspected cases of influenza. We have not seen a large number of cases, so don't panic, just be mindful of your surroundings.
Here are the best ways to help safeguard yourself against the flu.
1. Get a flu shot if you haven't already done so
2. Cover your mouth and nose if you cough or sneeze - best to cough or sneeze in to the fold of your elbow. If you must cough in to your hands, please wash your hands before touching anything that others will touch.
3. Wash your hands frequently
4. Avoid touching your hands to your face
5. Do not share drinking glasses or eating utensils
6. Take good care of yourself - get plenty of rest, exercise, and eat healthy.
Amy A. Myers, MD
Director of Health Services and Team Physician
Appel Health Services
Franklin and Marshall College