All boards are accessible from the Community tab within the Inside F&M campus Web portal. Each board may also be accessed directly using the links provided below.
These online bulletin boards use the Google Groups platform.
There are four bulletin boards available to the Campus community:
1. Goods for Sale
Have an item for sale or something to give away? Post your sale, exchange or free item notices here.
2. House Rentals and Sales
Selling your house or looking for an apartment? Post any home sale, rental or roommate notices here.
Looking to hire or be hired? Post your odd jobs here.
4. For the Common Good
Want to recommend a good read, solicit time or money for a fundraiser or your favorite charity, or publicize an off-campus event? Post your notices here.
You can decide whether or not to receive email notifications from a bulletin board when new messages are posted. You can set a different preference for each board. Following is the four-step process to do so.
1. When you go to the bulletin board for the first time, you will see a button called “Join Group” – click on it.
2. On the next screen, confirm by clicking on the blue button.
3. The blue “Join Group” button will have changed to a gray “Membership and email settings” button. Click on this button to set your email preferences.
4. From the drop-down menu on the next screen:
Anyone with F&M NetID credentials can post messages on these boards. However, you must have joined the group to be able to do so.
1. Go to the desired board and click on the “New Topic” button on the main screen.
2. Type in the subject and description of your message. If you want, add attachments or images using the buttons and links available under the subject field.
3. Click on the “Post” button on top of the screen.
Only you or the board administrator can delete your post.
Once you’ve sold your item or rented your house, you may want to delete your post from the bulletin board:
There are three ways to reply to a message board post.
Option 1: If you have set your preferences to receive email notifications when new messages are posted on a given bulletin board, you will receive emails for new posts. You may reply to these emails. Note: these replies will go to everyone who has opted in to receive email alerts from this board. It will also be posted on the board.
Option 2: If you want to reply privately, compose a new email instead of replying to the email alert. Or make a phone call.
Option 3: If you prefer not to receive email notifications, you may visit the online board to view recent messages and reply to them online. Here’s how:
1. Within the Community tab in Inside F&M, click on the bulletin board link you want to see. The main page of the board will list all messages in reverse chronological order.
2. To view message details, click on the message title.
3. To reply to a message, click on red “Post Reply” on top of the screen.
4. Type in your response and click on the green “Post” button. Note: Your reply will be visible to everyone on the board.