Franklin & Marshall’s annual Student Juried Exhibition, showcasing selected visual arts pieces from various F&M students, opened in the Rothman Gallery of the Phillips Museum of Art on April 26. The selections of student art include photography, sculpture, drawing and painting.
Dan Deibler ’12, an art major at F&M, won the President’s Award for Excellence and Best in Show for his painting “Toy Guernica.” Deibler produced the work during his “Painting and Landscape” course with Scott Wright, adjunct assistant professor of art.
President Daniel R. Porterfield presented Deibler and the other winning students with their awards at the exhibition’s opening reception on April 26. The following is the complete list of winners in the 2012 Student Juried Exhibition:
- President’s Award for Excellence in Sculpture: Trillium Macy Pryor ’14
- President’s Award for Excellence in Photography: Erika Herrera ’12
- President’s Award for Excellence in Drawing: Marisa Helen Sobel ’15
- President’s Award for Excellence in Painting: Maeve Broadbin ’13
- President’s Award for Excellence and Best in Show: Dan Deibler ’12