Why do we emphasize study skills in the Q&SC? Simple. Over and over, we see that fundamental study skills—like time management, prioritization, and utilizing resources—underlie students' struggles or successes. They matter!
The purpose of this page is to present a selection of self-help resources on a variety of study skills. Check back frequently for new and expanded selections.
Top 5 Steps to Successful Time Management
1. Set specific academic and personal goals.
2. Create a term calendar, recording major events.
3. Create a weekly schedule of your classes, labs, drill, meetings, etc.
4. Decide on specific times to work on each course.
5. Make a to-do list for each day the night before or during breakfast.
Because study skills can vary based on learning style, use the quiz in the link below for a few suggestions that may work for you! Tutors at the Quantitative Science Center can provide more information in a tutoring session.