What is Drop-In Tutoring?
Drop-in tutoring is a time when students can come without an appointment and meet with a tutor waiting to help. This is a great option for students who may not have the time or want to commit to a weekly tutor, but may still have questions throughout the semester. Students with an individual tutor can also utilize drop-in hours for any additional questions they might have. Depending on the day of the week or time in the semester, drop-in sessions may take on the form of individual tutoring or a large group study session.
LOCATIONS FOR DROP-IN VARY! PLEASE CHECK THE Q&SC SCHEDULER (VIA INSIDE F&M) FOR DAYS, TIMES AND LOCATIONS.
"Working with one of the tutors completely changed how I approach seemingly difficult problems - they don't seem as impossible or intimidating anymore."
Drop-In Schedule and Locations
Our drop-in schedules and locations are conveniently viewable on-line in the Q&SC Schedule and Appointment System, accessed from your My Academics tab on Inside F&M. After clicking on the "Q&SC Tutoring" button, you will see the Welcome Page. Select "Drop-In Tutoring" from the main menu box and then choose your subject ("Organic Chemistry", "Econ", etc) to view drop-in days/times/locations.
Drop-in Tutee Rights and Responsibilities
All students who utilize drop-in tutoring are required to sign a form that acts as an understanding between the tutor and tutee about expectations and requirements of tutoring.
In order to participate in drop-in tutoring, I acknowledge my responsibility to:
- Attend class and take good notes.
- Bring books, notes, returned assignments and returned tests to each session.
- Read assigned chapters and do homework before each session. My tutor will not do my homework for me.
- Talk with my professor when I have questions that are not answered during tutoring.
- Carefully consider my tutor’s suggestions for learning modifications.
- Analyze what I do and don’t know.
- Respond to any evaluation surveys or feedback forms sent to me by the Center.
- Respect others involved in drop-in tutoring sessions and maintain a positive learning environment.
- Recognize that in a well-attended drop-in session, my tutor will need to divide his/her attention among all attendees.
I also acknowledge my right to be:
- Treated with respect by my tutors.
- Informed (upon request) of the kind of data collected by the Q&SC, who will have access to it, how it will be used, and how long it will be kept.
- Able to submit any questions or concerns I have about my tutoring experience through the “Student Issue Form” on the Q&SC website.