Warning! The browser you are using is not currently supported for the new www.fandm.edu. Please consider upgrading your browser or switching to Google Chrome.
Deferred Membership Policy
Deferred Membership Recruitment: F&M Policy defers offering bids of membership to new students during their first semester on campus
- Allow first year students a semester to “fully transition” to college
- Students who join fraternal organizations engage in underage drinking
- Allow first year students to establish a GPA prior to joining a fraternity/sorority
- Allow first year students to establish themselves as part of their College House Community
- Allow first year students gain a perspective of various fraternal organizations