International and Multilingual Academic Support Services
Fall 2021 Update: all International/Multilingual Support Tutoring Appointments are currently virtual.
To make an appointment with Dr. Mann , please go to the Writing Center scheduling platform, WC Online. Select the calendar titled "International/Multilingual Support F21."
If you cannot find an appointment on the WC Online calendar that fits your schedule, please email Dr. Mann at email@example.com to arrange an appointment at an alternate time.
About International and Multilingual Student Support at F&M
International and Multilingual Academic Support is provided by Dr. Nadia Mann, F&M's Assistant Dean for International and Multilingual Academic Success. Students can make appointments with Dr. Mann to discuss many topics, including:
• English grammar, revision, and proofreading skills
• Sentence structure, word choice, and clarity
• Brainstorming, drafting, and organization
• Reading comprehension
• Interpretting and applying professor feedback
• Pronunciation and speaking skills
• Class discussion and participation
• Citation, plagiarism, and academic integrity
• US and F&M academic culture
• Time management and study skills
• Note-taking and organization
These one-on-one individual tutoring sessions are primarily designed for first-year international and/or multilingual students, but sophomores and upperclassman who are still working on their language skills may also use this resource.
International and Multilingual Support Tutoring appointments are available Monday-Friday during the Fall 2021 Semester. Appointments are for one hour at a time, and are held in the F&M Writing Center. To schedule an appointment, you will need to log in to WCOnline, and select the International/Multilingual Support calendar.