Welcome to the F&Mily!
A Closer Look
The Franklin & Marshall community invites you and your family to A Closer Look, a daylong event celebrating your acceptance to the Class of 2019. The program will be held on Friday, April 17.
A Closer Look is the perfect opportunity to experience life on campus while the spring semester is in full swing. At A Closer Look you will be able to:
- Meet our faculty members — your future professors
- Talk with students in clubs and organizations you might want to join
- Attend a presentation on preparing students for their post-F&M lives and careers
- Ask questions of current F&M students
- Check out the College’s Spring Research Fair
- Experience the staff-led bus tour of the campus neighborhood and surrounding city
- Tour campus and see the College Houses
- Visit the Joseph International Center, Philadelphia Alumni Writers House and Klehr Center for Jewish Life
- Make an appointment with a financial aid counselor
- Learn about community service opportunities, athletics, study-abroad programs, dining options and security
- Connect with future classmates
Customize your visit!
While classes are in session you may:
- Shadow a student
- Stay overnight with a current student
- Attend a class
- Have lunch with a student
- Admitted Student Roundtable Discussion
- Connect with Admission and Financial Aid
Schedule your F&M Experience today. Questions? Call 877-678-9111 (toll-free).
Explore Your New Home
We may be biased, but we think you are going to love being part of our dynamic community. Here is a sneak peak at your next four years:
Experience a day in the life of a Diplomat! We'll pair you with a current F&M student so you can get to know the pulse of the place you'll call home for the next four years. Attend a class, have lunch in the Dining Hall, grab a burrito at Salsa Rico, or play Frisbee on Hartman Green.
Shadow-a-Student visits are available weekdays from March 30 to April 16. You must register two weeks in advance due to available student hosts. Current students will pick up admitted students at the Admission Office at 9 the morning of the scheduled date
Admitted Student Overnight Visit
Are you an admitted high school senior looking to spend more time on campus? If so, you can register for an overnight visit and stay with a current student. This is a fun and informal way to learn more about academics and extra-curriculars. We encourage you to combine your overnight visit with other admission visit opportunities, such as information sessions and interviews.
Overnight visits are based on student host availability. Available dates are March 29-30, April 12-13, and April 19-20. Overnights are for one night only and require a minimum of two weeks’ notice. Please note that visiting students are responsible for getting to and from campus. Students will meet their overnight host at the Steinman College Center at 4 p.m. on the scheduled date.
Admitted Student Roundtable
How easy is it to start a club? When are first-year roommates selected? How can students start independent research? When can I select my first-semester classes? Accepted students like you often have questions that go beyond the basics, so check out our roundtable conversations led by current students and learn more about what makes Franklin & Marshall a truly distinctive place to live and learn.