Welcome to the F&Mily!
A Closer Look
The Franklin & Marshall community invites you and your family to A Closer Look, a daylong event celebrating your acceptance to the Class of 2019. The program will be held on Friday, April 17.
A Closer Look is the perfect opportunity to experience life on campus while the spring semester is in full swing. At A Closer Look you will be able to:
- Meet our faculty members — your future professors
- Talk with students in clubs and organizations you might want to join
- Attend a presentation on preparing students for their post-F&M lives and careers
- Ask questions of current F&M students
- Check out the College’s Spring Research Fair
- Experience the staff-led bus tour of the campus neighborhood and surrounding city
- Tour campus and see the College Houses
- Visit the Joseph International Center, Philadelphia Alumni Writers House and Klehr Center for Jewish Life
- Make an appointment with a financial aid counselor
- Learn about community service opportunities, athletics, study-abroad programs, dining options and security
- Connect with future classmates
Explore Your New Home
We may be biased, but we think you are going to love being part of our dynamic community. Here is a sneak peak at your next four years:
Experience the day-to-day life of a Diplomat. Admitted students can be paired with current F&M students to accompany them throughout the day. Whether you are attending a class, having lunch in the Dining Hall, grabbing a burrito at Salsa Rico, or playing frisbee on Hartman Green, you will have the opportunity to get to know current F&M students and visualize your future place in the F&M community.
Shadow-a-Student visits are subject to limited student availability on weekdays from March 30 to April 16 and require two weeks’ advance notice. Current students will pick up admitted students at the Admission Office at 9:00 the morning of the scheduled date.
Admitted Student Overnight Visit
Admitted high school seniors wishing to spend more time on campus can register for an overnight visit and stay with a current student. This is an excellent opportunity to learn more about students’ academic and extra-curricular involvement that animates our campus community. The intent of the senior overnight is for the student to explore campus without a formal program; however, we encourage students to combine overnight visits with other admission visit opportunities.
Overnight visits are subject to limited student host availability on March 29-30, April 12-13, and April 19-20. Overnights are one-night only and require a minimum of two weeks’ notice. Please note, students are responsible for their transportation to and from campus. Students will meet their overnight host at the Steinman College Center at 4:00pm on the scheduled date.
Admitted Student Roundtable
How easy is it to start a club? When are freshman roommates selected? How can students start independent research? When can I select my first semester classes? Accepted students often have questions that go beyond the basics and seek a deeper understanding of the College. Sit down for a conversation led by current students to learn more about what makes Franklin and Marshall such a special place to live and study.