Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Transgendered, and their Allies
Our organization exists to promote the welfare of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgentered, and allly students, faculty and staff at Franklin & Marshall College and the community at large. This is accomplished by providing information and education for the college community on LGBT issues and issues concerning the larger community.
Allies Resource Center
Come visit the Allies Resource Center(ARC) located in Room 12 in the lower level of the Student Center Near the Women's Center. The ARC has various books, magazines, films and documentaries, and pamphlets related to sexuality and gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender issues. Anthony Lascoskie is the ARC Coordinator can help you with any questions you might have.
The LGBTA meet every Tuesday night from 8-9:30 pm during the school year.
We meet in the Allies Resource Center (ARC) in the lower level of the Student Center.(near the Women's Center)
Being Queer at F&M
Life of an LGBTA student on campus
With your help, we'd like to answer that question. This part of our web site will be devoted to the personal experiences of gay and ally members of the Franklin & Marshall community. Interested in writing something? Here are a few questions to get you thinking:
- What's it like for you as a gay, lesbian, or bisexual person at F&M?
- What's it like for you as a straight person supporting the gay community?
- What's it like for you as a straight person who's opposed to gay equality? Are you in the closet?
- Are you out only to some friends?
- What made you decide to come out or stay in the closet?
- Do you have any gay friends on campus? What do you think it's like for them?
- What's the dating scene like for gay people? How do you meet other gay students?
- What was it like coming out to your family?
- Do you think gay students are accepted on campus?
What can be done to make the campus more gay friendly?
... E-mail. Send it to Anthony.Lascoskie@fandm.edu.
... Inter-Campus Mail. Send it to LGBTA at Box #29.
If you'd prefer to remain anonymous, please indicate that on your contribution. For more information, please feel free to contact LGBTA.
LGBs & Allies and the Allies Resource Center
Franklin & Marshall Box #29
P.O. Box 3220
Lancaster, PA 17604-3220
Anthony Lascoskie, ARC Coordinator and LGBTA Advisor
If you're being harrassed, contact:
Safety and Security
Dean of the College
Staff & Administration
Provost and Dean of the Faculty