Franklin & Marshall College Franklin & Marshall College

    • books3
    • books2
    • books1

Shand Meeting Room

  •  Shand Room

The Shand Room was established in the early 1950’s from funds donated by Lancaster native William Shand and his wife Dorothy (Schaeffer) Shand to honor their son William Shand, Jr., an avid mountain climber who died in 1946.  Originally called the Shand Library it housed all of the College’s chemistry books and journals but was renamed the Shand ‘Room’ in 1997 when most of the books and journals were moved to the new F&M Martin Library of the Sciences.  Today the room contains reference materials and molecular models and is used for departmental meetings.