Tips to Help Students with Disabilities Prepare for College
1) Contact the Disability Services Office as soon as you know you will be seeking accommodations.
2) Gain a full understanding of your academic strengths and needs. Be able to explain how your disability or condition directly affects your learning.
3) Speak with your professors early in the semester if you are having difficulty in class.
4) Develop a weekly and semester calendar listing all of your assignments and due dates. Follow it consistently and revise it as needed.
5) Balance your schedule appropriately to your strengths and needs.