The Office of Environmental, Health & Safety is responsible for administering the College's compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations concerning environmentally sound disposal of hazardous materials. This includes providing students and employees with general information and training in the handling and disposal of these materials. EHS works closely with all departments to assist in their specific requirements for Environmental, Health & Safety training and protection.
Additional roles of this Office include:
- Development of written policies and procedures.
- Technical assistance to members of the College community.
- Evaluation and analysis of incidences involving hazardous materials, to determine causes and possible corrective actions.
- Surveys to identify existing and potential problems involving safety, occupational health, and environmental protection.
- Hazardous chemical waste management, disposal and monitoring.
Contact EH&S regarding policies and procedures related to:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Chemical Hygiene
- Fume Hood Certification
- Hazard Communication (Worker Right-to-Know)
- Hazardous Chemical Waste
- Infectious Waste
- Material Safety Data Sheets (Resources at F&M)
- Respirator Care and Use
- Chemical Resistant Glove Selection Guides
The Environmental, Health & Safety Manual