The Office of Environmental Health and Safety provides professional guidance, training, and direction to the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the Franklin and Marshall College campus to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with Federal, State and Local environmental health and safety laws and regulations.
Our office offers a wide range of services and resources designed to assist you to develop, implement, manage and evaluate comprehensive, College-wide safety and environmental health programs as needed
The EHS Mission Statement
Franklin and Marshall College is committed to providing a safety and healthy enviroment for our community, visitors and neighbors.
The mission of the Follice of Environemental, Health and Safety (EHS) is to ensure the College's compliance wit Federal, State and Local environmental health and safety laws and regulations.
This is accompliashed by overseeing the required regulatory programs as outlined in theF&M Environmental Health and Safety Manual. The Office of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) will provide the administration, faculty, students, and staff with technical assistance, general inforamtion, and training related to their environmental health and safety concerns.
EHS will work closely with all departements to assit in their specific requirements for EHS training and protection.
Additional efforts of the EHS Office include:
- Development of written EHS policies and procedures
- Technical assistance to members of the College community
- Evaluation and analysis of incidents involving hazardous materials to determine causes and possible corrective actions
- Surveys to identify existing and potential problems involving safety, occupational health and environmental protection
- Hazardous chemical waste management, disposal and monitoring