- Aluminum food and beverage containers with food debris removed to include aluminum foil and pie/baking tins. Labels do not need tobe removed.
- Glass food and beverage containers with lids and food debris removed: Clear, Brown Green. Labels do not have to be removed.
- Natural and pigmented plastic narrow-neck containers with symbols 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (milk bottles, water bottles, detergent bottles, shampoo bottles, bleach bottles, etc). Lids and food debris removed. Labels do not have to be removed.
- Ferrous (Iron, steel, tin) cans with food debris removed. Labels do not need to be removed.
- Newsprint: black and white or pigmented. Do not place in plastic bags!
- Construction paper, kraft paper, cereal boxes, shoe boxes, or similar.
- Printer paper, computer paper, copy paper.
- Junk Mail, magazines, catalogs and phone books. Please place phone books next to the paper containers so they are not adversely weighed down.
- Small corrugated cardboard that fits into the recycling bin.
- Large cardboard can be placed in the cardboard dumpster behind Mayser Gym.
Short List of Materials That We Do Recycle But Are Not Accepted In Building Recycling Containers
F&O should be contacted for assistance with recycling any of the following materials:
- Batteries can be recycled outside the Mail Room at the College Center.
- Light bulbs, specifically fluorescent tubes
- Yard Waste F&O does compost
- Scrap metal F&O does recycle
- Household items such as toasters, cookware, bake ware, electronics, computers, appliances, etc. (contact F&O if your area has a need to dispose of any of these items)
- Hazardous or toxic substances. (Please contact F&O if your area has a need to dispose of potentially hazardous materials and we will coordinate with our Environmental Safety Officer.)
- Items containing or having debris and residue containing hazardous or toxic substances such as paint cans with wet paint, motor oil containers, gasoline cans, glue, petroleum products, etc. (Please contact F&O if your area has a need to dispose of potentially hazardous materials and we will coordinate with our Environmental Safety Officer.)
Materials We Do Not Recycle
- Wax coated paper or cardboard.
- Any material with substantial food debris (small trace amounts of food residue is ok).
- Plastic Bags of any kind.
- Styrofoam of any kind.
- Mirrors, window or auto glass, porcelain, ceramics, glass cookware/bake ware, microwave oven trays, drinking glasses, perfume/cologne bottles.
- Unnumbered plastics.
- Coat hangers, Wire.
- Aerosol cans.
If you have any questions regarding this information please contact .
Thank you for helping us continue to minimize our solid waste stream.