Franklin & Marshall College Franklin & Marshall College

Applying for Financial Aid

Need-Based Aided Students* Must Apply Each Year

Current, returning students (U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens* only)

1.  Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 30 in order to be considered for need-based Federal financial aid.

2.  Students must complete the College Board's CSS/Profile by April 30 in order to be considered for need-based financial aid from the College.

3.  Franklin & Marshall College participates in the College Board’s Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC) to collect federal tax returns and W-2’sYou will no longer mail copies of tax documents to the Office of Financial Aid.

After you complete the CSS PROFILE, and it has been received by the College's Office of Financial Aid, you may receive an email from the College Board that provides instructions for mailing your federal tax records to IDOC.  If you do not receive an email from the College Board about IDOC, then you are not required to submit any information to IDOC.

You must submit complete signed copies, including all schedules and W-2 forms as directed in your IDOC packet along with the completed and signed cover sheet. 

When IDOC receives your documents, they will electronically image and transmit your documents to Franklin & Marshall College.  You must submit all requested documents in one packet.  Do not send documents separately.

Additional information about IDOC:

Frequently Asked Questions,about IDOC:

4.  To ensure a timely exchange of information and communication, please note:

A:  Your financial aid file status is viewable online at MyAid.

B.  Please add to your e-mail address folder as we will be emailing information when necessary from that address.

5. Students with completed financial aid files will be notified in early July of their upcoming academic year eligibility for need-based financial aid.

*  If you have an F-1 Visa, you are neither a U.S. citizen nor an eligible non-U.S. citizen or permanent resident and may ignore this information entirely.