Current Franklin & Marshall College
Dependent of a 9/11 victim
Must demonstrate financial need
Deadline: February 15
Franklin & Marshall College alumnus, Mark Rothenberg '70, died in the airplane that crashed in Pennsylvania on 9/11. Family and friends established this scholarship in his memory.
The Mark Rothenberg '70 Memorial Scholarship offers financial assistance in the form of grants to benefit students whose parents were victims of the 9/11 terror attacks. To apply or for more information, please contact the Office of Financial Aid, 617 College Avenue.
Write a letter to the Office of Financial Aid which details the following:
1. Name of parent lost in the attacks.
2. Location of attack (World Trade Center, Pentagon, Flight 93/Shanksville, PA)
Please include a copy of victim documentation:
A copy of the death certificate and one of the following:
1. A copy of the student's birth certificate naming the victim as parent
2. A copy of the first two pages of the 2001 US Federal income tax return of victim if the student was listed as an exemption.
3. A copy of a legal document verifying that the child was a dependent of the victim on September 11, 2001.