Chi Phi was founded at Princeton University December 24, 1824. In the fall of 1854, a second chapter of the Chi Phi Society was created at Franklin & Marshall College which has proven to be the longest continuously running chapter of Chi Phi fraternity. The current house that the brothers live in was built in 1929, shortly before the great depression, and is located on Race Avenue behind and next to the freshman dorms Bonchek and Brooks, respectively. Brothers have the opportunity to live in the house which is very convenient since it is located right on campus, and there is a fraternity chef and meal plan that brings the actives who don't live in the house together for lunch and dinner five times a week.
Every spring, the brothers host a run to raise money for cancer in honor of the late father of one of our recent alumni, Andrew Dunleavy. Currently active brothers are involved in organizations and sports teams on campus including the rugby team, squash team, hockey team, lacrosse team, and golf team. Chi Phi has an extensive alumni organization and active brothers always look forward to homecoming when their 80 year old house is flooded by Alumni of the past 6 decades who come back to relive their glory days at F and M and see the status their beloved Chi Phi.
Colors: Scarlet and Blue
Official publication: Chi Phi Chakett
Philanthropy: Muscular Dystrophy Association
President- Jack Mandy
Vice President- Josh Kanter
Secretary- Jeff Newton
Treasurer- Charlie Wagner