Delta Sigma Phi was founded at the College of the City of New York on December 10, 1899. In 1915, the Upsilon Chapter of Delta Sigma Phi was founded at Franklin & Marshall College.
Although nearly a century has passed since the fraternity’s first class was initiated at F&M, our chapter’s goals, traditions, and standards have remained unchanged. We encourage each member to strive to be the best that he can be in any endeavor, and to always consider the principles of education and the bond of brotherhood in any of his undertakings. Currently, Delta Sigma Phi is represented across campus, with members on the baseball, cross-country, track, wrestling, crew, tennis, golf, and hockey teams, as well as the presidents of the IFC, Greek Council, Diplomatic Congress, and the junior class, a senior staff writer and former editor for The College Reporter, board members for the Hillel House, and in numerous other clubs and organizations. Indeed, it is this multi-faceted outlook that has allowed the Delta Sigma Phi fraternity to establish itself as not only a respected member of the campus community, but also as an active part of the city of Lancaster as a whole. We remain actively involved with several local charities, namely the Water Street Mission soup kitchen and the Milagro House, with whom we throw annual Christmas and Easter parties for members of the surrounding community. We maintain strong and solid relations with our Alumni organization, and recently renovated our house, located at 437 College Ave.
Colors: Nile green and white
Official publication: Carnation
Philanthropy: Milagro House
* information regarding Delta Sigma Phi was taken from Baird's Manual of American College Fraternities.
President- Joseph Cowan
Vice President- Sebastian Vanegas
Treasurer- Varun Rajagopalan
Secretary- John Ancona
Sergeant at Arms- Robin Bomberger