Sigma Pi was founded as the Tau Phi Delta Society at Vincennes University in Indiana on February 26, 1897. On February 11, 1907, Tau Phi Delta at Vincennes University changed its name to "Alpha Chapter of the Sigma Pi Fraternity of the United States" and declared its intent to become a national fraternity. In 1897, the Nu Chapter of Sigma Pi was established as a local fraternity at Franklin & Marshall College and became a national chapter in 1918. This chapter is now the third oldest Sigma Pi national chapter in the country.
The members create a great sense of camaraderie formed through social events throughout the year. Recently, Sigma Pi has been active with the Boys and Girls club and they do an annual event for their national philanthropy called the Big Bounce.
Colors: Lavender and White
Flower: Lavender Orchid
Official Publication: The Emerald of Sigma Pi
Philanthropy: Multiple Sclerosis
* Information regarding Sigma Pi was taken from Baird's Manual of American College Fraternities.
President: Lou Carothers
Vice President: Tyler Pollick
Treasurer: Sam Crozier
Secretary: Matt Gibbons
Sergeant in Arms: Pat Mallon
Herald: Frank Seitz
Faculty/Professional Staff Adviser: Patty Epps ()