- Albright College, Reading, PA: Professor of History, July 2009-Present; Associate Professor of History, July 2001-July 2009; Assistant Professor of History, July 1995-July 2001.
- Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster, PA: History Department Research Associate/Visiting Scholar in History, July 1998- present.
- Praeger Publishers, Westport, CT, Series Editor for “Moving Through History: Transportation and Society,” 2004-2009.
- Collected Papers of Albert Einstein, Hebrew University of Jerusalem and Princeton University Press, Boston, MA: Research Consultant, 1994-2000.
- Germaine Language Center, Dayton, OH, Free-Lance Translator of French and English, Fall 1991-Spring 1995: Translated technical and software manuals, press releases, labels, and other texts for the French, Swiss, and Canadian markets.
- Collected Papers of Albert Einstein, Hebrew University of Jerusalem and Princeton University Press, Contributing Editor for Volumes 8 A & B (Correspondence 1914-1919), August 1992-August 1994.
- National Air and Space Museum of the Smithsonian Institution, Intern Assistant for the World War I curatorial staff, September 1988-May 1989.
- Embassy of France, Washington, DC, Assistant to the Information Officer for Science and Technology, October 1987-May 1988.
- Swiss Air Force Logistics Command, Dübendorf, Switzerland, military service, 1984.
- Aviation Data Centre (UK), Freelance Press Correspondent, 1983-1989.
- Boston University, Boston, MA
Ph.D. in Modern European History with Minor Field in Asian History, January 1994.
- George Washington University, Washington, DC
M.A. in International Affairs, with Concentrations in Comparative Politics and Asian Studies, May 1989.
-Tufts University, Medford, MA
B.A. in Political Science and German Literature, May 1987.
- East China Normal University, Shanghai, P.R.C.
Certificate of Study in Law and Trade Program, Summer 1986.
- Institut Florimont, Geneva, Switzerland
Certificat de Maturité fédérale, September 1983.
- Modern Germany/Holocaust
- Modern France
- History of Technology and Mobility / aviation
- European Popular Culture
Grants & Awards