Franklin & Marshall College Franklin & Marshall College

Renter's Insurance

The college encourages all students to purchase renter's insurance to protect their personal property. Please see the link below for insurance offered by Sallie Mae Insurance.

Renters insurance provides valuable protection if your personal belongings are stolen or damaged, including laptop computers, smart phones, bicycles, game consoles, text books, clothing and other personal items.  If your laptop or other valuables are stolen, you are responsible for replacing them, not the College.  With the Sallie Mae renters Insurance plan, any personal items that are stolen or damaged can be replaced at full cost subject to a $100 deductible.  Renters Insurance also protects you financially for unintentional damage to your apartment or bodily injury for which you are liable.

Students living in apartment spaces at College Row, College Hill or a JSP property are now required to carry renters insurance for the term of the lease/occupancy.  Proof of a policy is required prior to moving in on June 1 OR if you are a student renewing your lease you will also need to provide proof of insurance coverage. Arts House residents need proof of policy by August 29.

The policies offered are annual contracts based on the student move in day.

Please visit the following website to view the features and plans specifically designed for college students.

Sallie Mae Renters Insurance