Blackboard Learn Release 9.1 offers improvements and enhancements to the grade center, assessment manager, and content manager as well as new features like course wikis, integration with YouTube, Flickr, and Slideshare, and the Mobile Learn app for Apple iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, and Android and Blackberry smart phones.
Some of the specific new features are:
- Wikis: Wikis enable active collaboration around course content and group projects.
- Mashups: Easily integrate rich media learning content using Web 2.0 resources from YouTube, SlideShare, and Flickr
- Accessibility: Blackboard is committed to delivering software that is accessible to everyone. Release 9.1 includes advanced accessibility options that are Gold Level certified by the National Federation of the Blind for Non-Visual Accessibility.
- Blackboard Learn Toolbar: The Blackboard Learn Toolbar or Internet Explorer and Firefox enhances the browsing experience for learners.
- Instant Messaging with Wimba: Wimba Pronto Basic enriches collaboration amongst educators and students.
- Mange Content at Course Level: Course files eliminate redundancy and simplify the management of content updates.
- Improved Grade Center: Grading in Blackboard is more flexible and consistent, enabling grading to be done in line with the review process.
- Improved Assessment Manager: The Assessment Manager now includes improved search, which reduces the amount of time needed to create assessments.
For more information about Blackboard Learn Release 9.1 at the College, contact an IET Instructional Technologist/Designer.
More information: What's New in Blackboard Learn Release 9.1?