To maximize the probability of a successful scan, follow our tips outlined here:
Before arriving on campus:
- Install the most recent updates for your operating system.
- Install the most recent virus definitions for your virus protection program.
Still having problems?
- Make sure that your ethernet cable is connected properly. Unplug it from both the wall and your computer, count to 3, and plug it back in.
- Make sure that your network settings are set to use Ethernet as your active connection method.
- Make sure that you have not entered any manual DNS settings and that your computer is set to use DHCP (usually these are the default settings).
- Empty the cache of your web browser (Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), shut down the browser, and restart it.