At A Glance
This 19th-century grain mill remains the centerpiece of what is now an 85-acre refuge for native wildlife and plant species. In 2008, Franklin & Marshall College became a partner with the Conservancy.
Through this partnership, the College is able to expand its educational and research projects.The Wohlsen Center for the Sustainable Environment is a collaborator with Millport in these projects.
The Millport Conservancy oversees a variety of activities to:
- Maintain the existing buildings as well as the land and waters that serve as a sanctuary for its native flora and fauna
- Host environmental and other related research, and provide programming for educational and nonprofit organizations to promote environmental awareness
- Secure grants and contributions to support the Conservancy's programs
- Acquire and preserve neighboring properties
- Implement programs for soil erosion control, wetlands restoration and stream management
- Encourage the propagation of wildlife and waterfowl in the area by planting, installing, studying and maintaining appropriate nesting areas
- Support catch-and-release fly-fishing on the beautifully restored Lititz Run, one of the area's finest trout streams
Protecting and Preserving Our Land, Our Water Resources and Our Heritage Through Education and Teamwork