At A Glance
This 19th-century grain mill remains the centerpiece of what is now an 85-acre refuge for native wildlife and plant species. In 2008, Franklin & Marshall College became a partner with the Conservancy.
Through this partnership, the College is able to expand its educational and research projects.The Wohlsen Center for the Sustainable Environment is a collaborator with Millport in these projects.
The Millport Conservancy oversees a variety of activities to:
- Maintain the existing buildings as well as the land and waters that serve as a sanctuary for its native flora and fauna
- Host environmental and other related research, and provide programming for educational and nonprofit organizations to promote environmental awareness
- Secure grants and contributions to support the Conservancy's programs
- Acquire and preserve neighboring properties
- Implement programs for soil erosion control, wetlands restoration and stream management
- Encourage the propagation of wildlife and waterfowl in the area by planting, installing, studying and maintaining appropriate nesting areas
- Support catch-and-release fly-fishing on the beautifully restored Lititz Run, one of the area's finest trout streams
Protecting and Preserving Our Land, Our Water Resources and Our Heritage Through Education and Teamwork
The annual Watershed Awareness Day with fifth graders from Warwick School District was a wonderful day of exploration and learning for the students. They visited various stations throughout...Read More