The Center's work on politics, public policy, and healthcare is often featured in the news. Poll results have appeared in media outlets like USA Today, The New York Times, The Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Christian Science Monitor, National Public Radio, and CNN, to name a few. Follow the links below to see where we've been in the news lately, and check back regularly for updates.
Review the latest F&M College Poll results. Our October 2014 survey showed that, in the days before the November 2014 gubernatorial election, Tom Wolf maintained a sizable but narrower lead over Republican incumbent Tom Corbett. The race had tightened primarily due to the Governor’s improved standing among Republican voters. However, Governor Corbett continued to trail his Democratic challenger, Tom Wolf, 53% to 40% among likely voters. Media in Central Pennsylvania that covered the poll included the Lancaster Intelligencer-Journal, The Harrisburg Patriot-News, and WITF. Around the state, stories appeared in The Philadelphia Inquirer, the Pittsburg Post Gazette, CBS Philadelphia, The Scranton Times-Tribune, the Reading Eagle, and many others. Nationally, the poll was covered by The New York Times, Reuters, the Huffington Post, the Daily Kos, and the National Journal.
- Read the Center's recently completed study of Pennsylvanians’ attitudes and perceptions about child abuse, conducted for the Pennsylvania Family Support Alliance. Called Childhood at Risk: An Exploration of Perceptions and Attitudes Regarding Child Abuse, this groundbreaking new research examines attitudes about child abuse in order to identify how misconceptions can be corrected and children can be protected. For the study, the Center conducted both a statewide telephone survey and eight focus groups across the state. PFSA is using the research results to support efforts to educate citizens and increase the likelihood that abuse and neglect will be reported. Visit the Pennsylvania Family Support Alliance's website to learn more.
Read stories in Business Wire and Accounting Today about the Center's October 2013 survey of Certified Public Accountants in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. We asked CPAs serving as CEOs, CFOs, accounting firm partners, and other industry leaders their opinions on the economic, business, and political trends affecting their states and the U.S. economy as a whole. For press releases and full results, check out the PA Institute of Certified Public Accountants' website
- Watch WGAL's weekly politics and public policy talk show, Pennsylvania Newsmakers Director Berwood Yost is a regular guest; Terry Madonna, Director of the Center for Politics and Public Affairs, moderates.
- Join the Political Express! On this blog, writers analyze and discuss politics, polls, and political history. Several F&M professors contribute, including Berwood Yost.
- Listen to Berwood Yost’s Recent Appearance on WITF’s Radio Smart Talk
- The January 20th program was “All About Polls.”
- Director Berwood Yost Presents at the 2013 Lancaster Health Summit
- Read the Lancaster-Intelligencer Journal's coverage of his presentation.
- Read the New York Times on the Most Accurate 2012 Election Polls
- The Center was identified as one of the top 20 most accurate polling groups.
- The Lancaster Intelligencer-Journal interviews Berwood Yost.
- Find out more about our director in this June 2103 article.
- Read Berwood Yost's October 2012 opinion piece in the Lancaster Intelligencer-Journal.
- Are presidential polls skewed?