In the News
The Center's work on politics, public policy, and healthcare is often featured in the news. Poll results have appeared in media outlets like USA Today, The New York Times, The Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Christian Science Monitor, National Public Radio, and CNN, to name a few. Follow the links below to see where we've been in the news lately, and check back regularly for updates.
Review the latest F&M College Poll results. Our September 2014 survey shows that, in the upcoming gubernatorial election, Tom Wolf maintains a sizable lead over Republican incumbent Tom Corbett. Governor Corbett continues to trail his Democratic challenger Tom Wolf, 49% to 31%, and Wolf’s lead is similar among likely voters. Media in Central Pennsylvania that covered the poll include the Lancaster Intelligencer-Journal, The Harrisburg Patriot-News, and WITF. Around the state, stories appeared in The Philadelphia Inquirer, the Pittsburgh Business Times, Philadelphia Magazine, CBS Philadelphia, The Scranton Times-Tribune, the Wilkes-Barre Times Leader, and many others. Nationally, the poll was covered by The Washington Times and Reuters.
- Click here to read about the Center's recently completed study of Pennsylvanians’ attitudes and perceptions about child abuse, for the Pennsylvania Family Support Alliance. Called Childhood at Risk: An Exploration of Perceptions and Attitudes Regarding Child Abuse, this groundbreaking new research examines attitudes about child abuse in order to identify how misconceptions can be corrected and children can be protected. For the study, the Center conducted both a statewide telephone survey and eight focus groups across the state. PFSA is using the research results to support efforts to educate citizens and increase the likelihood that abuse and neglect will be reported. Visit the Pennsylvania Family Support Alliance's website to learn more.
- Politico recently mentioned the F&M poll in an analysis of the current state of the 2014 governor's race in Pennslyvania. Read the story here.
Read stories in Business Wire and Accounting Today about the Center's October 2013 survey of Certified Public Accountants in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Commissioned by the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants and the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants, the survey asked CPAs serving as CEOs, CFOs, accounting firm partners, and other industry leaders their opinions on the economic, business, and political trends affecting their states and the U.S. economy as a whole. For press releases and full results, check out the PA Institute of Certified Public Accountants' website.
- Are presidential polls skewed? Read Berwood Yost's October 2012 opinion piece in the Lancaster Intelligencer-Journal.
- Read coverage of the October 2012 F&M College poll, which focused on the national and state elections. Results were featured in the New York Times, the Chicago Tribune, the Philadelphia Daily News, the Lancaster Intelligencer-Journal, and CNN's Political Ticker, among many others.
- Read some of the 2102 election analyses featuring the F&M College poll; articles appeared in Businessweek, the Lancaster Intelligencer-Journal, the Morning Call, the Harrisburg Patriot-News, and Fox News, among others.
- Listen to one of Berwood Yost's appearances on Radio Smart Talk, a daily WITF program that explores a wide range of contemporary issues and ideas. He appeared on November 26, 2012 to discuss the results of the Center's recent healthcare poll, which is part of WITF's Transforming Healthcare initiative.
- Watch WGAL's weekly politics and public policy talk show, Pennsylvania Newsmakers. Director Berwood Yost is a regular guest; Terry Madonna, Director of the Center for Politics and Public Affairs, moderates. Berwood appeared on November 11, 2012 to discuss the results of the 2012 election.
- Join the Political Express! On this blog, writers analyze and discuss politics, polls, and political history. Several F&M professors contribute, including Berwood Yost.
The Center was identified as one of the top 20 most accurate polling groups.
Read the Lancaster-Intelligencer Journal's coverage of his presentation.