The Center's work on politics, public policy, and healthcare is often featured in the news. Poll results have appeared in media outlets like USA Today, The New York Times, The Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Christian Science Monitor, National Public Radio, and CNN, to name a few. Follow the links below to see where we've been in the news lately, and check back regularly for updates.
Review the latest F&M College Poll results. The April 2016 survey reveals clear front runners in the presidential nominating contests. Consistent with the results of prior polls, Hillary Clinton has a sizable lead over Bernie Sanders, 58% to 31%. The poll also shows that both Democratic candidates are perceived favorably by registered Democrats. On the other side, though, the Republican presidential primary race continues to shift. Donald Trump (40%) leads, as he has since October, but he has expanded his lead over Ted Cruz (26%) and John Kasich (24%). Unlike registered Democrats, registered Republicans do not have uniformly positive feelings about their candidates. The poll received national attention, with coverage from The Washington Post, The Atlantic, Politico, and MSNBC. In Pennsylvania, the poll was covered by CBS Philadelphia, WITF, the Scranton Times-Tribune, the Reading Eagle, the Lancaster Intelligencer Journal, and many others.
- Read a Philly Voice story about the Center’s December 2015 survey of Certified Public Accountants in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. We asked CPAs serving as CEOs, CFOs, accounting firm partners, and other industry leaders their opinions on the economic, business, and political trends affecting their states and the U.S. economy as a whole. For press releases and full results, check out the PA Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ website.
- Read the Center's recently completed study of Pennsylvanians’ attitudes and perceptions about child abuse, conducted for the Pennsylvania Family Support Alliance. Called Childhood at Risk: An Exploration of Perceptions and Attitudes Regarding Child Abuse, this groundbreaking new research examines attitudes about child abuse in order to identify how misconceptions can be corrected and children can be protected. For the study, the Center conducted both a statewide telephone survey and eight focus groups across the state. PFSA is using the research results to support efforts to educate citizens and increase the likelihood that abuse and neglect will be reported. Visit the Pennsylvania Family Support Alliance's website to learn more.
- Join the Political Express! On this blog, writers analyze and discuss politics, polls, and political history. Several F&M professors contribute, including Berwood Yost.
Read Recent Opinion Articles by Director Berwood Yost, published in the Philadelphia Inquirer and elsewhere:
- Watch Berwood Yost’s February 23rd appearance on PCN-TV
- Read a Reading Eagle article about our 2015 Berks County Oral Health Needs Assessment
- Listen to Berwood Yost’s Recent Appearance on WITF’s Radio Smart Talk
- The January 20th program was “All About Polls.”
- Director Berwood Yost Presents at the 2013 Lancaster Health Summit
- Read the New York Times on the Most Accurate 2012 Election Polls
- The Center was identified as one of the top 20 most accurate polling groups.
- The Lancaster Intelligencer-Journal interviews Berwood Yost.
- Find out more about our director in this June 2103 article.
- Read Berwood Yost's October 2012 opinion piece in the Lancaster Intelligencer-Journal.
- Are presidential polls skewed?