Guidelines for Student Submissions
F & M Students:
Are you an art major seeking exhibition opportunity in The Phillips Museum?
Do you have a research project you would like to present?
Would you like to perform your dance or your music in the Museum?
Are you a video or multi-media installation artist who would like a place to unveil your work?
A performance artist? Poet?
The Phillips Museum of Art is your Museum on campus. Here are some simple guidelines to follow in order to begin the process:
• Gather your thoughts and express your vision for your exhibition in a statement (one or two paragraphs will do).
• Accompany your statement with images or supportive descriptive materials.
• Include a nuts and bolts list containing your estimate of the number of pieces you plan to hang, or the amount of space you might need.
• Organize these into a power point presentation, if you like, or offer a link to an online photo album, etc. (hint: The Exhibitions Committee likes to see pictures and is very interested in your thought process and how it pertains to your goals.)
• When you're ready to submit, Contact Claire Giblin, Curator of Exhibitions at the Museum by e-mail at:
or by phone at: 291-4006
A SPECIAL NOTE TO SENIORS: Submissions for exhibition must be received no later than December 1 in order to be reviewed in time for the Spring Semester.
• Unsure but want to give it a shot?
• Unsure about everything in life, but you think you want to show your work?
Contact Claire Giblin as soon as possible.