If you hear shots or see weapons:
- If you are outside and hear gunshots immediately seek shelter inside the closest building or room.
- Trust your instincts! Lock the doors; cover windows that may be in the doors; set your cell phone to vibrate or silent.
- If you are present where a shooter is active: Trust your instincts!
Run in a zig zag pattern, cover your head with books or other items for protection. DO NOT stop running until you are clear.
Break the window if necessary- alert authorities. Make an improvised rope with belts and/or clothing.
- Stay low to the ground and away from windows and doors
- Remain in a safe location until you receive instructions from police
- If possible, call Public Safety at 717-291-3939 or dial 911
- Supply as many details as possible about your location, the location of the individual with the weapon, or the direction in which the shots came from
- Include the number of persons involved, description of armed subject(s), weapons displayed, threats made, etc.
- Remain calm