Serious water damage can occur from a number of sources: broken pipes, clogged drains, damaged skylights or windows, severe weather or construction errors.
If a water leak occurs;
- To report the exact location and severity of the leak, call Public Safety at 717-291-3939.
- If there are electrical appliances or outlets near the leak, use extreme caution.
- If there is any possible danger whatsoever, evacuate the area immediately.
- If you know the source of the water and are confident of your ability to stop it, do so.
- Be prepared to assist in protecting objects that are in jeopardy.
- Take only essential steps to avoid or reduce immediate water damage, such as covering objects.