Franklin & Marshall College Franklin & Marshall College

Flooding & Water Damage to a Building

Serious water damage can occur from a number of sources: broken pipes, clogged drains, damaged skylights or windows, severe weather or construction errors.

If a water leak occurs;
  • To report the exact location and severity of the leak, call Public Safety at 717-291-3939.
  • If there are electrical appliances or outlets near the leak, use extreme caution.
  • If there is any possible danger whatsoever, evacuate the area immediately.
  • If you know the source of the water and are confident of your ability to stop it, do so.
  • Be prepared to assist in protecting objects that are in jeopardy. 
  • Take only essential steps to avoid or reduce immediate water damage, such as covering objects.