Here you will find examples of assessment strategies, as well as broader writings on assessment, that we believe will be helpful to our community as we think about how to implement useful assessment strategies in our classes and our majors.
Please feel free to peruse the articles you see here, keeping in mind that the approaches and methods may or may not be appropriate for you.
- "A Five-Year Study of Student Writing at Hamilton College." Williams, Sharon F. and Daniel F. Chambliss.
- Liberal Education Outcomes: A Preliminary Report on Student Achievement in College. Association of American Colleges and Universities. 2005.
- "Information and Educational Assessment I." Ryan, Dan. The Sociology of Information(blog). August 2010.
- "Assessment." Stearns, Peter N. Educating Global Citizens in Colleges and Universities: Challenges and Opportunities. Routledge. 2009.
- "The Measuring Stick Finale: A Hawk and a Skeptic Walk Into a Bar ..." Glenn, David. The Chronicle of Higher Education. December 2010.
- "Sample Rubrics for Evaluating Student Classroom Work," "Departmental Learning Goals," and "Identifying Classroom Assessment in the Department." Walvoord, Barbara. Assessment Clear and Simple: A Practical Guide for Institutions, Departments, and General Education. Jossey-Bass. 2004.