The Department of German & Russian is excited to announce a new 2-week long faculty-led trip to Russia. There are no prerequisites and all F&M students are eligible to participate. Those enrolled in or expressing an interest towards courses in Russian language, literature, politics, culture, or business are especially encouraged to apply. This program will provide extensive opportunities for an initial exposure to Russian life and will prioritize an academic interaction with Russian culture. The trip activities will complement the course offerings of F&M’s Russian program.
The program will be led by F&M professor Jon Stone in conjunction with the School of Russian and Asian Studies. While coordinating with the academic curriculum, this program is not a credit-bearing summer course.
Trip highlights include:
- Guided walking tours of Moscow and St. Petersburg
- Visits to the Hermitage Museum, Peter and Paul Fortress, and Moscow Kremlin
- Day trip to the Peterhof Palace outside of St. Petersburg
- Overnight train journey from St. Petersburg to Moscow
- Excursions to the historical cities of Suzdal and Vladimir
- Optional activities exploring literary, historical, and cultural sites
Program costs: approximately $3000 (including airfare from New York)
A limited amount of financial assistance is available. Award amounts will be determined by the Associate Dean for International Programs and will be commensurate with academic year financial aid.
Program dates: August 5-18, 2012
- If interested, contact Prof. Bernstein () or Prof. Stone () by March 1
- Complete application and program commitment by April 1
Information Sessions: Feb. 23, 7:00 in the Joseph International Center
Feb. 28, 7:00 in the Joseph International Center
March 1, 7:00 in the Joseph International Center