The President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll (PHECSHR) recognizes higher education institutions that reflect the values of exemplary community service and achieve meaningful outcomes in their communities. The Honor Roll is part of the Corporation for National and Community Service’s strategic commitment to engage millions of college students in service and celebrate the critical role of higher education in strengthening communities. Read more.
3. F&M students receive course-credit by working over the summer in Ecuador with, Social Entrepreneur Corps, founded by Greg VanKirk, the winner of the Schwab Foundation Social Entrepreneur of the Year award.
5. The ONE Goal Program, two-time winner of the Davis Projects for Peace, allows students to spend their summer working at the Chris Campbell Memorial field where they have educated over 500 disadvantaged youth in Khayelitsha, South Africa.
6. One of the 11 Interns in the Public Service Summer Internship (PSSI) program learned this summer how to put Obama’s Affordable Care Act into action by working with experts at Lancaster General Hospital to pioneer preventative health efforts.
7. Launch into the Lancaster community with our 20 Steinman Interns who are working at local non-profits in paid year-long internships through the F&M Works in Lancaster program.
8. Annually, 60 incoming freshmen follow in the 15-year legacy of the Putting It Together (PIT) Program, which has launched over 700 students into community service, leadership, and meaningful peer relationships.
9. Students who prepare taxes for low-income families through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program have brought back over $1.5 million to the Lancaster community in refunds and EIC in the past three years.