Students are not allowed to cancel their own appointments online or via email. To cancel an appointment, you must CALL the Writing Center at 717-291-3866. Do not send an e-mail.
If the Center is closed when you call, please leave a message on the voicemail and if necessary we will call you back. Please cancel your appointment at least 12 hours in advance. This will allow us to give your appointment time to another student -- appointments are in high demand this semester!
Please be aware of our Cancellation and No-Show Policy:
1. Appointments must be cancelled at least 12 hours prior to the starting time of the session, or they will be counted as no-shows.
2. One late cancellation or no-show will result in a week-long loss of Writing Center privileges.
3. Two late cancellations or no-shows will result in a two-week loss of Writing Center privileges.
4. A third late cancellation or no-show will result in the loss of your Writing Center privileges for the rest of the semester.
5. If an emergency situation (family emergency, illness, accident) makes timely cancellation impossible, please call as soon as possible and explain the circumstances. We will not penalize genuine emergencies.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 3003, Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster, PA 17604-3003