We're finishing up an extremely productive semester at the Writing Center: 1315 tutorials as of today (on our way to a semester total in the mid-1400s), 40 in-class writing workshops—and another issue of our newsletter, Active Voice!
This issue contains a variety of stories, Center news, writing advice, and even a personal essay.
- Check out the first episode of Alex Hartline's serialized fictional saga "F&M Confidential: The Confessions of Gil Goodpen."
- Hear about how the Writing Center's computer workstation brings writing back in to the Writing Center.
- Catch up with tutor emeritus Libby Gaines Brill ('07), and see what adventures her post-F&M life and career have brought her.
Get advice on how to keep your essay assignments moving ahead, despite having very little free time for writing.
- Meet two new members of the Writing Center staff, Amy Blakemore ('13) and Aly Massof ('11).
- Learn from Brad ("Doc Writing") Woodman ('11) about the joys of writing with a really fine pen in your hand.
- Greet our new Writing Center secretary, Jennie Leary.
- Read "Revising the Future," a reflection by Valeri Harteg ('11) about how her experiences as a writing tutor have made her rethink her career plans.
We invite you to explore and send us your thoughts. We'd especially like to hear from our tutor alums; please forward on any news you'd like to share in upcoming issues.
Look for Active Voice again in late January!