8/05/2016 Doug B. Benton

Doug Benton, Lancaster Conservancy Intern

• 16 pssi
  • 16 PSSI
  • 16 PSSI

This summer I am interning at the Lancaster County Conservancy through PSSI program at the Ware Institute. The Conservancy is a land trust non-profit organization that most people know from its holding and maintaining of some of the most beautiful nature preserves in the county (Kelly's Run and Tucquan Glen to name a few). I have been working in the Urban Greening Division of the Conservancy which works closely with Lancaster City's Stormwater Department on the Save It! Lancaster public outreach campaign, the goal of which is to increase public knowledge and action around limiting water use, managing stormwater, and other broader environmental sustainability issues. In addition to running the campaign's social media and website, I have mainly been working with JT Paganelli, another PSSI intern, locating planting sites for new street trees in the Southwest and Northeast neighborhoods of the city. While being involved in the tree inventory and outreach has been valuable experience, it’s even more rewarding to know that the work I'm doing this summer directly contributes to the larger goal of enhancing the environmental quality and the quality of life in Lancaster City--a small city that has pretty ambitious and exciting green infrastructure plans.  

January 27 - Salvation Army Dinner

Service Saturday on a SUNDAY-Salvation Army Dinner Date: Sunday, January 27th, 2019 Time: 2:30...

Vivian Valentin, Lancaster County Community Foundation...

The PSSI program allowed me to gain insights into community building that changed my perspective on...

Robert Maze, Lancaster-Lebanon IU13 Student Growth Coach

I have learned more about myself and the ability I have to contribute to growing communities. I am...