8/05/2016 Doug B. Benton

Doug Benton, Lancaster Conservancy Intern

This summer I am interning at the Lancaster County Conservancy through PSSI program at the Ware Institute. The Conservancy is a land trust non-profit organization that most people know from its holding and maintaining of some of the most beautiful nature preserves in the county (Kelly's Run and Tucquan Glen to name a few). I have been working in the Urban Greening Division of the Conservancy which works closely with Lancaster City's Stormwater Department on the Save It! Lancaster public outreach campaign, the goal of which is to increase public knowledge and action around limiting water use, managing stormwater, and other broader environmental sustainability issues. In addition to running the campaign's social media and website, I have mainly been working with JT Paganelli, another PSSI intern, locating planting sites for new street trees in the Southwest and Northeast neighborhoods of the city. While being involved in the tree inventory and outreach has been valuable experience, it’s even more rewarding to know that the work I'm doing this summer directly contributes to the larger goal of enhancing the environmental quality and the quality of life in Lancaster City--a small city that has pretty ambitious and exciting green infrastructure plans.  

Lee Scaralia, Summer Feeding Program Intern

Internship: Power Packs Project “I know that I want to work in nonprofits after I graduate. The...

Jacob Lichtblau, Historic Decision Intern

Most internships you go to work and then go home.  With a PSSI we have weekly time built in to...

Kylie Logan, Communications & Fundraising Intern

I've wanted to work at Church  World Service since my freshman year at Franklin & Marshall, and I...