Academics at a Glance
Wondering where you'll take classes? What you'll study? We have you covered!
Learning Location: The ASE Study Centre — Nelson House — is located in the heart of Bath, within 20 minutes’ walking distance of all of our student residences. And many of our residences are just a block or so away from the center.
- Class size: Most classes will have 15 or fewer students
- Study and prep work: Approximately 6 hours per week per course
- Hours spent in direct learning: 48 per course (192 hours total)
- Assessment: You will be graded based on written papers, quizzes, and in-class participation, and a final exam for some classes.
- Credits: 1 per course (4 total)
All credits are fully approved by Franklin & Marshall College and count toward your 4-year F&M degree.
Like all first-year students at F&M, you will participate in a core course that introduces you to the critical thinking and writing skills you will need to be successful throughout your F&M education. That Connections course — Exploring World War I through Literature, Art and Film — will be taught by your onsite faculty mentor, Professor of German Jennifer Redmann.
Additionally, you will chose three of the following courses to round out your class schedule:
The Life and Times of European Fairy Tales (Professor Redmann)
Introductory Drawing (F&M Assistant Professor of Art Kevin Brady)
Cross-cultural Psychology (ASE Faculty)
Introduction to Economic Principles (ASE Faculty)
Comparing UK and US Political Systems (ASE Faculty)