Franklin and Marshall is an official member of the National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA). All intramural sports follow official NIRSA rules.
What are intramurals?
Intramurals (IM's) are a collection of one-day tournaments, special events, and leagues that put F&M student organized teams against other F&M student organized teams. IM's vary in their competitiveness from activity to activity and from team to team. F&M REC Sports hopes that IM's will become an important part of the F&M student's experience. It provides all students an opportunity to participate in some type of activity as regularly as his or her interest, ability, and time will permit. Students will find throughout the course of the year that there is something for everyone.
Who's eligible to participate?
All current students, faculty and professional staff (FPS) are eligible to participate in IM activities. Varsity athletes who are currently in season are not eligible to participate in leagues but are able to participate in any one-day tournament or special events.
Eligibility: All current Franklin & Marshall College Students, Faculty and Professional Staff
How do I join?
Students and FPS will receive e-mails stating what events are ongoing and upcoming. When you see information follow the instructions. Most activities will require the assembling of a team. Team sizes will vary depending on the activity.
- Create an IMLeagues account, or login to your existing account.
- Click the “Get Involved” button in the upper right to see the list of sports currently available.
- Pick your sport and league.
- You’ll then be taken to that league’s dashboard, where you’ll see all of the scheduled time slots. Depending on what you would like to do, you can:
- pick an open timeslot and create your own team,
- join an existing team, or
- sign up as a free agent to find teams looking for an extra player.
- If you haven’t yet, you’ll be prompted to take the Player’s Quiz, a multiple choice test to ensure that you know Intramural Sports policies and the rules of your specific sport. You’ll need to answer all the questions correctly. (You can retake the test until you pass.)
- When you have successfully joined a team, you may be prompted to pay for your IM pass by credit card. Your pass allows you to play on as many teams as you choose.