Benefit Plan Year-
July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022
Franklin & Marshall College is pleased to offer eligible employees a comprehensive and valuable benefits program.
New hire/ life status change you may do the following:
- Enroll in or change coverage
- Add and/or remove an eligible dependent from your coverage, including dependent children up to age 26
- Opt out of coverage
Please take some time to review the Benefit Enrollment Guide and watch the Pre-Recorded Information Session. The contents give you important information about your benefit plans. If you have any questions as you review the material, please contact the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health Benefits Information
July 1, 2021
Medical Plan Spousal Surcharge Increase
The new rate will be $1,500 annually, $125 monthly / $57.69 bi-weekly per pay period. If you elect coverage for your spouse and your spouse is eligible for coverage through his/her employer but elects not to enroll in that plan, this surcharge will be added. If your spouse is a Franklin & Marshall College employee, the spousal surcharge is waived.
All benefit eligible employees covering a spouse on the medical plan MUST complete the Medical Spousal Surcharge form. This form will be sent electronically during the open enrollment period.
Medical and Prescription Drug Changes
- Premiums - there will be an average of a 1.35% increase to premiums for employees
- Smart90 - maintenance medications at a 90 day refill
NEW Wellness Plan (Highmark)
- Employees and Spouses who are enrolled in the College's Highmark Medical plans will be eligible
- More Information will be Coming Soon!
Dental Plan Changes
- NEW- Enhanced dental plan option!
- Delta Stay Connected App Information
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Reminder that both the FSA (Healthcare) and Dependent Care accounts require you to re-enroll each year .
- Benefit Plan Year - the benefit plan year for both the medical flexible spending account and dependent care flexible spending will be July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022.
Optional Life Insurance and LTD
- There will be a special enrollment to elect optional life insurance or make changes to current elections this Fall. (More information will be forthcoming.)
- Current elections will remain in effect until the special enrollment period. If you would need to make a change due to a qualifying life event, please contact email@example.com.
Open Enrollment Materials