Groff's Moving & Storage
End of Year Storage
Please complete the Summer Storage Receiving Form below along with either the short-term (April/May through June 1st) or the long-term (April/May through August) storage rate form.
Students may also store personal items while abroad (December through August using the long-term form below).
Complete the appropriate forms below to accompany the packages you submit for storage.
New Service - on the dates that Groff's is on campus they are willing to pick up boxes at your residence hall room or deliver boxes to your residence hall room for a fee of $80.00 per service. This service is available if the employees doing the intake at the truck are not super busy. Based on availability.
End of Year Storage
This approved storage program has been set up to meet the storage needs of Franklin & Marshall students. There is no limit to the quantity of items to be stored. Perishable items will not be accepted. Students are NOT PERMITTED to store items in College owned buildings.
It is strongly suggested that you use standardized packing cartons and packing tape that will be available for sale in Ben's Underground at the end of the spring semester (dates to be announced). These cartons are uniform in size and are best suited for packing items to be stored. The storage cost is less expensive than with non-standard cartons.
PLEASE DO NOT OVERPACK BOXES.
- 1.5 cubic foot, small cartons (for books and papers)
- 3.1 cubic foot, med. cartons (for small computer monitors or pots and pans)
Students pay for their storage costs when they drop off their items at the truck. Credit cards and cash are accepted by the Groff's employee loading the items onto the truck. Checks are not accepted.
The LONG-TERM Summer Storage (April/May through August) charges are based on the size of cartons listed below.
The SHORT-TERM Summer Storage (April/May through June 1st) rates are listed below.
Long Term (April/May through August)
Short Term (April/May through June)
1.5 small carton
3.1 medium carton
Non boxed item
$4.50 per cu ft
$3.00 per cu ft
- Storage charges are prepaid and can be done the day of dropoff at the truck.
- (Cash, Visa or Mastercard - no Checks)
- Standard limit of liability is $.60 per pound per article.
- Any items left at Groff's Warehouse after August (without prior arrangements) will be charged $25.00 per month storage.
- $9.00 Storage In and $9.00 Storage Out
- LONG-TERM STORAGE - 2019 dates - Includes the pick up, Friday, May 1st (12 p.m. to 5 p.m.), Monday, May 4th (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.), Friday, May 8th (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.), and Monday, May 11th (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.).
- DELIVERY - 2019 dates - of long-term storage is scheduled on the following dates in the Race Avenue parking lot behind Ware College House:
- Saturday, August 29th; Monday, August 31st; & Tuesday, September 1st - 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- SHORT-TERM STORAGE - 2019 dates - Includes pick up Friday, May 1st (12 p.m. to 5 p.m.), Monday, May 4th (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.), Friday, May 8th (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.), Monday, May 11th (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.) in Race Avenue parking lot.
- DELIVERY of SHORT-TERM storage is scheduled on Monday, June 1st (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.) in the Race Avenue parking lot.
- ADDITIONALLY YOU CAN DROP OFF AT GROFF'S IN MT. JOY, PA
- All handling charges need to be prepaid at the time of drop off.
- Pay by Cash or Credit - Visa or Mastercard.
- All charges must be prepaid at time of drop off along with the required completed forms (see above).
- (Cash or Credit - Visa or Mastercard)
- Students can opt to pick up their belongings at our warehouse, Monday through Friday. There is a $32.00 fee and a minimum of 24-hour notice prior to pick up.
- We are able to accommodate specific pick up and delivery requests to student housing at a rate of $57.00 per hour with a 3-hour minimum.
Shipping & Receiving Program
FRANKLIN & MARSHALL RECEIVING PROGRAM 2019-2020
This approved storage program is designed to meet the storage needs of all Franklin & Marshall students.
The following information is per shipment (please note that prices are subject to change).
Receiving and administration flat fee: $30.00
In addition, the delivery & storage fees are as follows for each item:
Small carton (1.5 cubic feet) $14.00 per carton
Med. carton (3.1 cubic feet) $16.00 per carton
Large carton (6.0 cubic feet) $18.00 per carton
All items should be shipped to:
Groff's Moving and Storage
1284 Cloverleaf Rd
Mount Joy, PA 17552
Attn: Jenna Vuxta
Phone: 717.653.6151 / 717.653.1357
In 2020, all cartons will be delivered to area behind Ben Franklin North/Ware College House off Race Avenue on the followings dates:
Saturday, August 29th, 8 a.m. through 4 p.m.
Monday, August 31st, 8 a.m. through 4 p.m.
Tuesday, September 1st, 8 a.m. through 4 p.m.
All applicable charges will need to be paid before received items will be released.
Students may also pick up their belongings at the Groff's Moving and Storage warehouse (for an additional fee - see below) by calling Jenna at 717.653.6151/717.653.1357 for an appointment Monday through Friday.
NOTE: There is a $32.00 fee for this service and a minimum of 24-hour notice prior to pick up.
Please contact Jenna at 717.653.6151 / 717.653.1357 or email: Jenna with any questions you may have.
December 16, 2019 Pick Up
January 20, 2020 Delivery
(delivery to campus on 1/20/20 must be scheduled)
PICK UP - Students planning to go abroad or that are going on leave of absence may place their personal belongings in storage. Pick up is MONDAY, December 16th, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the parking lot behind Ware College House off Race Avenue.
DELIVERY - Student personal belongings for those returning from abroad or leave of absence is MONDAY, January 20, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the parking lot behind Ware College House off Race Avenue.
IMPORTANT NOTE - Students MUST contact Groff's Moving & Storage by Friday, January 11th, for your personal items/boxes to be placed on the truck to return to campus January 20.
NEW THIS YEAR: Please call 717.653.6151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule the return of your items to campus.