Saturday, August 28, 2021
More information about Orientation and Move-In Day will be available soon.
Sign Up for Your Move-in Slot
Move-in for first year and new student arrivals is Saturday, August 28, 2021.
For those who are arriving on campus for a pre-orientation program or fall season varsity team commitment, you will receive information directly from your coach or program director with your move-in instructions.
When you arrive on August 28
- Proceed directly to the Alumni Sports & Fitness Center (ASFC) at 929 Harrisburg Avenue or Building No. 38 on the campus map and park in the lots located on the west side of the ASFC.
- Proceed inside to your College House's check-in table. You will need to present identification (e.g. driver's license, etc.) to pick up your keys and IDs. If not previously submitted, you can have your ID photo taken at the ASFC on arrival day to have your ID card created.
After checking in
- After concluding the ASFC check-in process, you will proceed directly to your residence hall. Please plan to unload and re-park your vehicle(s) quickly to allow for other students to arrive. You will be able to access carts and elevators at your housing location. Students are permitted to have one helper at a time accompany them into the residence hall to assist with move-in. Regardless of vaccination status, all helpers must wear a mask and be asymptomatic. Any questions about the arrival process should be directed to email@example.com.
- Students and families will be on their own for lunch meaning that students only can use their meal plan swipes/card in any of the on-campus eateries except Flavors in LSP. Family members can make purchases in any of the on-campus eateries using cash or credit cards. On-campus venues (overview)
- 1:30 p.m: Students will be required to be at their College Houses to officially begin orientation activities.
- 1:45 p.m.: Families are encouraged to attend the “Family Welcome Ceremony” with President Barbara Altmann, Dean Margaret Hazlett and Provost Cameron Wesson for brief remarks. This event will take place at the ASFC. Family members will be required to wear a mask in this facility.
- 2:15 p.m.: Families will leave the ASFC and make their way to the Lux et Lex walkway for the 3:00 p.m. procession (guides/volunteers will assist with directions)
- 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.: Families will join their students for their College House induction ceremonies
- 4:30 - 5:00 p.m.: Bell tolls and families depart
Students will have access to their full orientation schedules through an app called Guidebook, which they should download before coming to campus. Keep an eye on your fandm.edu email account—we'll send a link to Guidebook about a week before move-in.
Helpful Quick Links
- Tips for traveling to F&M
- Packing Dos and Don'ts
- Need to ship or store your items?
- Housing FAQs
- Information Technology, what to bring
- Information Technology, resources
- Campus employment, needed documentation for Move-in Day
- Campus Mail
- Lancaster Loop (free shuttle service for getting around Lancaster)
- Whom to Contact