Student Wellness Center Response to COVID-19
If you have symptoms such as cough, fever, or shortness of breath and suspect it may be COVID-19, OR have had contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please call the Student Wellness Center to schedule an appointment.
After Hours: If you need to be seen at an Urgent Care, please CALL the Urgent Care center before showing up. A provider will help you decide if you need a visit or medical help. Please see Emergencies and After Hours of Operation for more information.
To prevent against Covid-19, please follow and encourage others to follow the below precautions:
- Cover mouth and nose (preferably into elbow) when coughing and sneezing
- Frequent Handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use alcohol based hand sanitizer. See CDC Hand Hygiene Link below.
- Avoid touching your own face
- Do not share eating and drinking utensils
- Do not share saliva
- Take good care of yourself with adequate sleep, good nutrition and regular exercise.
- Social Distancing to prevent the spread of disease (at least 6 feet from other individuals)
- Disinfect commonly touched surfaces
- CDC Hand Hygiene: Clean Hands Save Lives
With regard to the ongoing concern and media attention surrounding Covid-19, be assured that the Student Wellness Center is following Penn Medicine and CDC guidelines for screening and evaluation of potentially at risk individuals.
For students who have Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) through F&M, you have access to Virtual Health Care from anywhere in the country: