- Bereavement Pay Policy
- Holiday Pay Policy
- Jury Duty Pay Policy
- Pay for Travel or Training for Non-exempt Personnel Policy
- Policy on Paid Time Off Work for Service
- Weather Emergencies and Utility Failure Policy
Recording of Work Hours
- All work hours must be accurately recorded on your online time sheets. “Work time” includes all time spent performing activities on behalf of Franklin & Marshall in conjunction with your employment.
- Work time includes time spent attending work-related meetings if you are asked or expected to attend, even if the meeting occurs during a time when you normally do not work.
- Time spent performing College-related work away from campus must be recorded on time sheets (work from home or other location). Such work must be authorized in advance by your supervisor.
- If you arrive later than scheduled or leave work earlier than normal on a particular day, your actual work hours that day are to be recorded on the time sheet. Similarly, if you work more hours than normal on a particular day, your total actual hours are to be recorded on your time sheet (additional hours must be approved in advance by your supervisor).
- Work hours over and above your normal weekly schedule must be approved in advance by your supervisor. Work hours over 40 during one week are compensated at 1.5 times your regular hourly rate; any work hours over 40 during one week must be authorized in advance by your supervisor.
- Your immediate supervisor must approve each online time sheet.
- Online time sheets must be submitted to your supervisor for approval, and then to the Business Office by your supervisor, by each payroll deadline if any hours were worked during the pay period. Time sheets must not be held and submitted on a monthly basis or intermittently.
- Time spent attending College events on a purely voluntary basis is generally not considered work time and should not be recorded on time sheets (with the exception of the DIPNIC, the annual holiday luncheon, and similar events held for faculty and professional staff during the normal work day).
- For full-time personnel, paid sick hours, paid vacation hours, “Family Illness” hours, paid personal hours, and any unpaid time off must be recorded on online time sheets.
Visit the College Training Website - Payroll for instructions on completing online timesheets.
Contact the Payroll Coordinator, 358-3928, with questions about completing online time sheets.
Policy Maintained by: Human Resources, Associate Vice President
Last Reviewed: July 25, 2016