- Acceptable Use Policy and User Agreement
- Cell Phone and other Personal Electronic Device Policy
- Chosen First Name Use Policy
- Data Classification Policy
- Guest User Acceptable Use Policy
- Mobile and Remote Device Policy
- Password Policy
- Personal Computing Support Policy
- Screening Movies on Campus Policy
- User Access to Data and Services Policy
- Backup Retention Policy
- Copyright & Fair Use Policy
- Cloud Vendor Policy
- F&M Account Content Access by Non-Account Holder Policy
- Information Security Policy
- Network Security Policy
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance Policy
- Privacy Notice for F&M Website
- Privileged Account Management Policy
- Technology Hardware Acquisition, Disposition and Replacement Policy
- Wireless Network Policy
The purpose of this policy is to foster and encourage an inclusive campus at F&M. Establishing a policy whereby any current student or employee may use a chosen or preferred first name on campus advances the College’s priority of supporting self-expression as well as continuously striving to create a welcoming and inclusive community. F&M strives to use a chosen or preferred first name wherever a legal name is not necessary.
This policy applies to all faculty, staff and students of F&M.
The College Information Technology Committee periodically reviews and revises this policy based upon emerging best practices.
F&M supports faculty, staff and students who may wish to use first names other than their legal first name to identify themselves. These may include, but are not limited to, people who use a name that affirms their gender identity, people who use their middle name instead of their first name, people who use nicknames of a legal name or people who use an anglicized name.
It is the policy of the college that faculty, staff and students may use a chosen or preferred name, regardless of whether they have legally changed their name, except where their legal names are required by law, industry standard or strong business need.
The use of a preferred or chosen first name cannot be for illegal purposes.
Policy Maintained by: Information Technology Services, Vice President and Chief Information Officer
Last Reviewed: August 27, 2020