4/30/2021 Kim O'Brien

Senior Spotlight: Diana Rushemeza

As they prepare for their May 15 Commencement Ceremony, Franklin & Marshall seniors look back at their four years on campus—and what's next.  

• Diana Rushemeza '21 Diana Rushemeza '21 Image Credit: Deb Grove

Name: Diana Rushemeza

Major: Public health (biology track)

What town do you call home? Lancaster is my home!

Activities at F&M:

I was a housing adviser for two years, a member of Sweet Ophelia, and an F&M Works intern.

Your senior year has been unlike any other in F&M’s history. What have you learned about yourself this year?

One of the biggest things I have learned this senior year is the importance of living in the moment. It is sometimes very easy to become so focused on the academics here at F&M, but it's also important to remember that there is more to life than assignments and deadlines! Finding the balance is really key in enjoying your college experience.

What has been your most memorable moment or time here at F&M?

One of my most memorable moments was my birthday during sophomore year. It was during finals week, but my friends made sure to make it a special day for me and I got to see my family.  I also had an a cappella concert and the audience sang “Happy Birthday” to me. It was one of my best birthday memories.

What did you enjoy most about your time at the College?

I am so grateful for the friends I have made here at F&M. They are always helping me grow and learn more about myself and the world.

Why did you choose to attend F&M?

I chose F&M because I was drawn to the emphasis on developing relationships with professors as well as your peers. The small class sizes really give you a chance to do that for the most part. I also like that I can be close to my family.

What advice do you have for incoming first-years?

I think I’d say try everything at least once if you can! If you see a club or event that might be of interest, go for it! You never know the community you might find by following your interests and also exploring new things. It helps you get the most out of your F&M experience.

What are your plans for after graduation?

I am currently interning at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health and I hope to continue in that role until I can land a steady position while also beginning my graduate school search. I want to pursue public health research, specifically around health disparities that plague communities of color in America.

"You never know the community you might find by following your interests and also exploring new things."
Diana Rushemeza '21
Diana Rushemeza '21

Senior Spotlight: Priyanka Patil

As they prepare for their May 15 Commencement Ceremony, Franklin & Marshall seniors look back at...

Senior Spotlight: Mark Marotta

Senior Spotlight: Justin Kupa