PhD, Economics, University of Tennessee Knoxville, TN
BSC, Economics, University of Khartoum, Sudan
Economic Developlement, Postcolonial Thought, Political Economy of Africa, Gender and Economics, Culture and Economics, Institutional Economics
Economics, Culture and Development, London: Routledge (Frontiers of Political Economy), 2016
“Postcoloniality and Development: Development as a Colonial Discourse,” in Dimensions of African Development: Theory and Practice, Lansana Keita (ed.), Dakar, Senegal: Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa, 2011.
“Economics, Postcolonial Theory, and the Problem of Culture: Institutional Analysis and Hybridity,” Cambridge Journal of Economics, 33 (6): 1153-1167, November, 2009.
Postcolonialism Meets Economics (co-edited with S. Charusheela), London: Routledge (Economics as Social Theory series), 2004.
“The Difficulty of a Feminist Economics,” in Toward a Feminist Philosophy of Economics, Drucilla K. Barker and Edith Kuiper (eds.), Routledge, 2003. (Reprinted in Feminist Economics, Lourdes Beneria, Ann Mari May, and Diana Strassmann (eds.), Northampton, MA: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2009).
- Political Economy of Africa (ECO281)
- Economic Development (ECO335)
- Women, Culture, and Development (ECO282)
- Postcolonial Perspectives on Development (ECO381)
- Introduction to Economic Perspectives (ECO103)
- Value and Distribution (ECO203)
- Africa: the Idea/the Place (Connections 2 Course)
- African Americans in the US Economy
- Inequality, Power, and Social Justice