Intensive English Program: Academics and Culture at F&M
The Intensive English Program: Academics and Culture at F&M is an opportunity for incoming International First-Year students to prepare for their first semester through intensive practice of class discussion, writing, and revision skills. The IEP is also a chance to get to know Franklin and Marshall, the city of Lancaster, and nearby region, and start to make the College feel like home.
IEP Participants will be able to:
- Intensively practice English-language discussion, writing, and revision skills that will be necessary for their first-year Connections seminar
- Get individual feedback on academic strengths and strategies to prepare for the Fall semester from ESOL Specialist Dr. Nadia Mann
- Meet faculty and learn about different classes, academic expectations, and future research opportunities
- Meet key staff, including International Student Services, who will support students during their time in the US
- Live at F&M and get familiar with the campus before the semester starts
- Discover important F&M spaces, resources, and technologies
- Meet current students who lead extracurricular activities around F&M and Lancaster
- Explore F&M, Lancaster, and the nearby Pennsylvania region
The goal of the Intensive English Program: Academics and Culture at F&M is to help students begin their classes at F&M with the fundamental skills necessary for academic success, as well as confidence to engage actively in their classes and with the campus community. Past IEP participants have become leaders on campus and and thrive in both academics and the larger F&M community.
Please direct any questions about the program to firstname.lastname@example.org.