F&M Works in Lancaster
F&M Works in Lancaster is a selective program designed for students to explore their understanding of personal and social responsibility through:
Contributing to the community by working as an intern at a local nonprofit organization,
Engaging in meaningful discussions with a cohort of like-minded students about values, belonging, community and leadership, all within the context of exploring the Common Good.
All students are paid by the College.
Questions? Contact Lisa Wolfe at 717-358-4592.
F&M Works Internship Descriptions and Application Link
The F&M Works application period for 2019-2020 will be August 1 - August 11.
We are looking for students who are interested in meaningful opportunities to get involved with the Lancaster community. Top candidates will demonstrate their willingness to commit to the program, enthusiastically participate in discussions and positively contribute to the overall experience of the cohort.
Virtual interviews may be conducted during the week of August 19. In-person interviews will start on August 26. Placements will be finalized during the week of September 9.
Students will be carefully matched with an organization according to their interests and abilities.
- Open to sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Must be available to work 10 hr/wk for the entire duration of the internship (either for the entire academic year or just for one semester.)
- 2.7 GPA or higher
- Must maintain full-time student status
- International students must arrange an Internship-for-Credit (IFC) per semester to receive the required authorization for Curricular Practical Training (CPT).
- Can not be on academic or disciplinary probation
- Mandatory attendance at twice/semester Wednesday evening discussions and 1:1 check-in meetings
- Review the Internship Descriptions and read through the variety of opportunities that are available to get involved with the local community.
- Be sure to visit the organization's website to learn more about their mission.
- Check whether the location is within walking distance of Campus if you do not have access to transportation.
- Identify your top three choices.
- Draft a unique essay for each internship to make your case as to why you're a good fit for that specific opportunity.
- Make sure your resume is updated and saved as a PDF (with your first and last name in the filename) to be uploaded through the application.
What It's Like To Be an F&M Works Intern