F&M Works in Lancaster
NEW: 1-semester option for 2018 - 2019
Internship descriptions include an indication as to whether the opportunity is being offered for one semester or for the entire academic year.
F&M Works in Lancaster is a selective program designed for students to explore their understanding of personal and social responsibility through:
Contributing to the community by working as an intern at a local nonprofit organization
Engaging in meaningful discussions about values, belonging, community and leadership all within the context of promoting the Common Good
All students are paid by the College.
Contact the Ware Institute at 717-358-4164.
F&M Works Internship Descriptions and Application Link
The F&M Works application period for 2018-2019 will be August 1 - August 15.
We are looking for students who are interested in meaningful opportunities to get involved with the Lancaster community. Top candidates will demonstrate their willingness to commit to the program, enthusiastically participate in discussions and positively contribute to the overall experience of the cohort.
The strongest applicants may be invited to participate in additional virtual interviews. Top candidates will then be selected for in-person interviews during the week of August 27.
Students will be carefully matched with an organization according to their interests and abilities.
Placements will be finalized by September 5.
- Open to sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Must be available to work 10 hr/wk for the entire duration of the specific internship
- 2.7 GPA or higher
- Mandatory attendance at Orientation on Sunday, September 9
- No other on-campus employment (the F&M Works internship is your one job)
- Must maintain full-time student status
- International students must arrange an IFC for each semester for CPT
- Can not be on academic or disciplinary probation
- Mandatory attendance at twice/semester discussions and 1:1 check-in meetings
- Review the Internship Descriptions and read through the variety of opportunities that are available to get involved with the local community.
- Be sure to visit the organization's website to learn more about their mission.
- Check whether the location is within walking distance of Campus if you do not have access to transportation.
- Identify your top three choices.
- Draft your essay for each internship to make your case as to why you're a good fit for that specific opportunity.
- Make sure your resume is updated and saved as a PDF to be uploaded through the application.
What It's Like To Be an F&M Works Intern