F&M Works in Lancaster
NEW: 1-semester option for 2018 - 2019
New internship descriptions will include an indication from the community partner as to whether or not the opportunity is being offered for one semester or the entire academic year.
F&M Works in Lancaster is a selective program designed to prepare and inspire a cohort of students to become invested members of their communities. The program integrates paid internship opportunities in local nonprofit organizations with monthly professional development workshops and facilitated reflection sessions. Participants enhance their knowledge of and ability to address issues that impact their communities.
All students are paid by the College. This is also a great opportunity for students who have been awarded work-study as part of their financial aid package.
Contact the Ware Institute at 717-358-4164.
The F&M Works application period for 2018-2019 will be August 1 - August 15.
We are looking for students who are interested in meaningful opportunities to get involved with the Lancaster community. Top candidates will demonstrate their willingness to commit to the program, enthusiastically participate in workshops and positively contribute to the overall experience of the cohort.
The strongest applicants may be invited to participate in additional virtual interviews. Top candidates will then be selected for in-person interviews during the week of August 27.
Students will be carefully matched with an organization according to their interests and abilities.
Placements will be finalized by September 5.
- Open to sophomores, juniors and seniors
- Must be available for entire duration of the specific internship (either semester or entire academic year duration)
- 2.7 GPA or higher
- No other on-campus employment
- Must maintain full-time student status
- International students must arrange an IFC for each semester for CPT
- Work 10 hours/week for the duration of the specific internship
- Can not be on academic or disciplinary probation
- Mandatory attendance at monthly workshops and 1:1 check-in meetings
- Click on the Internship Descriptions below and read through the variety of opportunities that are available to get involved with the local community.
- Be sure to visit the organization's website to learn more about their mission.
- Check whether the location is within walking distance of Campus if you do not have access to transportation.
- Identify your top three choices.
- Draft your essay for each internship to make your case as to why you're a good fit for that specific opportunity.
- Make sure your resume is updated and saved as a PDF to be uploaded through the application.
F&M Works Internship Descriptions and Application Link
What It's Like To Be an F&M Works Intern