The choice to apply Early Decision, or ED, is a significant one that reflects a binding commitment to enroll if admitted. We therefore offer you the opportunity to receive an early estimate of need-based financial aid. It does not guarantee or imply admission, but should help guide your decision to apply Early Decision to Franklin & Marshall College.
Requests for an Early Estimate of Financial Aid for 2023-2024 have ended and will become available again for the 2024-2025 academic year on September 1, 2023.
In the meantime, we encourage you to use our Net Price Calculator or MyinTuition. Both are convenient tools that will take you no more than 20 minutes to estimate your eligibility for need-based financial aid and your out-of-pocket expenses at Franklin & Marshall College (F&M).
Request an Early Estimate!
What's Required to Receive an Early Estimate
After selecting either Early Estimate - Early Decision 1 or Early Estimate - Early Decision 2, you will be sent an email with instructions for the submission of applications and documents required for the Early Estimate. Your request for an Early Financial Aid Package Estimate must be submitted by the following deadlines:
- Early Decision 1 – November 4, 2022
Early Decision 2 – January 4, 2023
Common Application or Coalition Application
You will not need to sign and submit the Early Decision Agreement form at this time.
The remainder of your admission application and Early Decision Agreement must be submitted based on the following deadlines:
Early Decision 1 – November 15
Early Decision 2 – January 15
Financial Aid Applications (2)
- Available October 1.
- F&M’s Federal School Code is 003265.
- When completing the FASFA, use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. This allows applicants who have already filed their federal income tax returns to prefill the answers to some questions on the FAFSA by transferring data from their federal income tax returns.
CSS Profile (Fall 2023/Spring 2024)
- Available October 1.
- F&M’s CSS Profile code is 2261.
- Students whose biological parents are divorced or separated: Both biological/adoptive parent(s) will complete their own CSS Profile application. Each parent will access their CSS Profile with different College Board log-in credentials.
2021 Federal Tax Documents
- All W-2s
- All schedules. This includes any business documents such as Form 1065, Schedule K-1 (Form 1065), Form 1120S and Schedule K-1 (Form 1120S).
You will need to upload all tax documents using the College Board's document uploading service called IDOC.
An email will be sent from College Board's IDOC Form Submission Service after you have submitted the CSS Profile.