Financial Aid and
Off-Campus Study (OCS)
During the academic year, students will continue to be eligible for financial aid during a semester of Off-Campus Study (OCS). This includes federal and institutional need-based grants, scholarships and loans. In addition, students who receive Grant-in-Aid or Tuition Exchange will continue to access these benefits for the semester of Off-Campus Study.
Students who study off campus will receive the same amount of financial aid they would have otherwise received had they remained on campus. More simply, financial aid packages are not adjusted, increased or decreased, due to a student's intention to study off campus.
Students will receive two (2) separate bills. One from F&M for tuition, the other from the OCS program for housing and/or meals, depending on the program.
- TUITION: For programs taking place during the academic year, a student will be billed Franklin & Marshall College's tuition and in turn, Franklin & Marshall will pay the Off‐Campus Study program's tuition. Please contact Student Accounts with questions regarding tuition.
- Student's receiving Federal Student Financial Aid must submit a Consortium Agreement to the host institution. The Consortium Agreement is a contract between two colleges/universities that recognizes a student's registration at each location for financial aid purposes. It also certifies that only one of the two institutions may administer the student's Federal Student Financial Aid. The Consortium Agreement will be provided to the the student by F&M's Office of Financial Aid.
- HOUSING: A student will be billed the host university's housing costs directly by the host university. A student will receive financial aid towards housing; however, the student is responsible for making the necessary arrangements of payment for housing to the host institution.
FINANCIAL AID REFUNDS
Students eligible for a financial aid refund, must sign up to receive their refund via ACH Direct Deposit with the Student Accounts Office. If the refund is to be mailed to another address or mailed directly to the host institution, the Student Refund Request Form available at the Student Accounts Office, must be completed.
SUMMER STUDY ABROAD
To help fund a Summer Off-Campus Study program:
- Contact the Office of International and Off Campus Study for scholarship opportunities and institutional funding.
- Contact the Office of Financial Aid for information on private and federal student loans.