F&M Fraternity & Sorority Alum & Family Special Events.
"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered." Nelson Mandela
SPECIAL EVENTS are events designed for alumni, parents, and other non-student guests. Such events include Homecoming & Family Weekend, Alumni Events, Parents/Family Day, Founder’s Day, etc. Event registration is required for such events. The host organization’s responsibility for the action of its members and guests/alumni.
Official Event: Special Events will be posted to the F&M Homecoming & Family Weekend Offical Schedule by Alumni Relations upon notice from OFSL that the event is registered.
SCOPE: All events over F&M Homecoming & Parent Weekend will be an alum and family-centered activities.
1. Registration of undergraduate parties and social events are restricted during this weekend. No undergraduate social events will be approved.
2. All Homecoming & family weekend events are restricted to daytime and early evening. No event may be hosted in FS properties or camus facilities past 7:00 pm.
F&M Fraternity & Sorority Alum & Family Special Events
1. All events must be registered with the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life (OFSL). All events with alcohol require 30-day advance registration.
2. All F&M approved chapter house and property events require registration with the OFSL
3. Any concerns about the social policy or a particular social event must be brought to the attention of the OFSL prior to the event in question.
4. Special Event Registered Events require an Upon arrival Guestlist to be recorded at the door of the event.
5. Non-alcoholic beverages must be provided and available.
6. Common sources of alcohol, including bulk quantities, which are not being served by a licensed and insured third party vendor, are prohibited (i.e., amounts of alcohol greater than what a reasonable person should consume over the duration of an event).
7. Attendance by non-members at any event where alcohol is present must be by invitation only, and the chapter/organization must utilize a guest list system. Attendance at events with alcohol is limited to a 3:1 maximum guest-to-member ratio and must not exceed local fire or building code capacity of the chapter/organizational premises or host venue. 8. Alcoholic beverages must either be:
a. Provided and sold on a per-drink basis by a licensed and insured third-party vendor (e.g., restaurant, bar, caterer, etc.); or
b. Brought by individual members and guests through a bring your own beverage (“BYOB”) system. 9. No Hard Alcohol: The presence of alcohol products above 15% alcohol by volume (“ABV”) is prohibited on any chapter/organization premises or at any event, except when served by a licensed and insured third-party vendor. 10. All Inter/national fraternity or sorority policies and procedures are required for all Fraternity & Sorority special events. 11. The chapter/organization, members or guests must not permit, encourage, coerce, glorify or participate in any activities involving the rapid consumption of alcohol, such as drinking games.
LinkedIn: a subgroup of Franklin & Marshall College Alumni