Hillel Elections 2016 Information
The following is information about Hillel Executive Board elections. If you are interested in running for a position, or would like to know more information on the process, please read the following carefully.
On Wednesday, November 2nd, we will be having nominations during our “NOM-inations” event. At that time, you are able to nominate others or yourself. If you are uncomfortable nominating yourself, contact Allison Berger or Julia Rosenwald and they will be happy to nominate you. Nominations are also accepted by e-mail.
- The PDF below labeled Hillel Board Roles 2016 is an outline for the open Board positions - please note that the offices of President and Vice President are only open to people who currently or previously have served on the Hillel Board.
- After nominations, you will be contacted through e-mail by Julia Rosenwald asking if you wish to accept the nomination and a short blurb about yourself.
- You may only accept the nomination for one office and there are no dropdowns.
If you are thinking about studying abroad, you may split your term with another person who wishes to do so with you. Please make those arrangements on your own and be prepared to let Julia know when she asks.
- All nominations must be accepted or declined by 7:30pm on Wednesday November 9th. After this deadline has passed, the ballot will be closed.
- Monday, November 14th- the ballot and blurb for the Hillel elections will be made public and shared via the Web Page and student mailing.
- Wednesday, November 16th
- Hillel elections will be held during the “Elections” event. If you are running for office you will be asked to make a two-three minute candidate speech indicating why you are seek the position and your qualifications.
- If you are unable to attend the election, you my ask someone to make the speech on your behalf.
- Elections are by written ballot and you must be present to vote. The ballots will be counted by the graduating senior officers, and the winners will be announced at the end of the event.
If you have any questions about the elections, please contact Julia or Allison.
IMPORTANT Dates for new Board Members
New Board/Old Board Dinner -11/30/16
Monday 1/16/17 – NEW BOARD RETREAT