A Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) is automatically established for every employee who has elected to participate in the High Deductible Health Plan (PPO Health Plan $1000). The purpose of the HRA is to reimburse eligible employees for qualifying medical expenses that are not reimbursed by any other plan, or taken as a tax deduction.
- The HRA is funded by Franklin & Marshall College in an amount based on the coverage level elected by the employee in the High Deductible Health Plan. (Employees may not contribute their own funds to the HRA.)
- Employee Only $420
- Employee Plus One $840
- Employee Plus Family $1,260
- HRA funds are available at the beginning of each plan year, and any funds remaining in an employees HRA at the end of the Plan year are carried forward to the next Plan year as long as the employee remains enrolled in the High Deductible Health Plan.
- Employees may use HRA funds for any eligible expense defined under Code 213d.
- If an employee with an HRA elects to participate in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), then funds in the FSA must be exhausted before utilizing HRA funds.
- A HRA debit card is issued to eligible participants at no charge (and upon request for eligible dependents over the age of 18) however, claims may also be submitted online via the Highmark website or with a paper claim form.
- Highmark provides detailed training materials and helpful videos to help employees learn how to use their HRA account quickly and easily.
For more information about the details of the Health Reimbursement Account, refer to the: